Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Support Good Music Movement


My name is Brian... And I am a music thief. Like many of you all, I have stolen/downloaded several thousand albums and songs alike for my own personal enjoyment. I am a very big music fan..Listening to artists and groups Pantera to Plies and The Beatles toFrank Sinatra. Lately in hiphop most consumers-(most of whom can't really be called that due to the fact being a consumer usually means YOU BOUGHT SOMETHING!!) have been complaining of watered down, lollipop lyrics and just a overall degraded state and view of the music that we all fell in love with!! I have also to an extent because not that I don't respect Souljah Boy and Gucci Mane and OJ the Juiceman for their hustle but (do I even have to finish) that's not hiphop...I call it ringtone/bling-bling/Rented Bentley driving/Champagne poppin'/club-era pop music...because like lots of pop era music...THERE'S NO SUBSTANCE...(No fire, No ENERGY, No NOTHING {in my Chris Tucker Voice}).Could this turned tide in hip-hop be our fault?? Maybe not... but after hearing alot of veteran's in the industry talk about "Mainstream labels not having money to give to Artists" and seeing the feast or famine numbers on the Billboard charts due to DOWNLOADING and LACK of MARKETING (probably from lack of Marketing dollars)...if it wasn't for Twitter, I'd never of known about OB4CL2 (Raekwon's latest album) since I rarely watch Bet/Mtv video's (sidebar-Besides TRL & 106 & Park do these channels even show video's anymore?) . So I have decided to NOT COMPLAIN...support good music and I think you should also!!

No comments: